Women’s Standards for Men in Their Life

6. In good shape
7. Dresses with style
8. Appreciates finer things
9. Full of thoughtful surprises
10. An imaginative, romantic lover

Revised Standards (age 32):

1. Nice looking (prefer hair on his head)
2. Opens car doors, holds chairs
3. Has enough money for a nice dinner
4. Listens more than talks
5. Laughs at my jokes
6. Carries bags of groceries with ease
7. Owns at least one tie
8. Appreciates a good home-cooked meal
9. Remembers birthdays and anniversaries
10. Seeks romance at least once a week

Re-revised Standards (age 42):

1. Not too ugly (bald head OK)
2. Doesn’t drive off until I’m in the car
3. Works steady — splurges on dinner out occasionally
4. Nods head when I’m talking

nod his head… not whine :)

5. Usually remembers punch lines of jokes

10. Shaves some weekends

Re-re-re-revised (age 62):

1. Doesn’t scare small children
2. Remembers where bathroom is
3. Doesn’t require much money for upkeep
4. Only snores lightly when asleep
5. Remembers why he’s laughing !
6. Is in good enough shape to stand up by himself
7. Usually wears clothes
8. Likes soft foods
9. Remembers where he left his teeth
10. Remembers that it’s the weekend

Re-re-re-re-revised (age 72):

1. Breathing
2. Doesn’t miss the toilet

But the fact is when you truly love your man, you just love him as the man as he is…  :)

About these ads

Comments

1. Reblogged this on Honor Dads and commented:
    Awesomesauce.

2. On the other side of the coin: My father, shortly after my mother died, talked of the things he remembered about Mother when he first met her. The concepts were mostly visual, her long, dark hair, her Winter coat (a beautifully tailored, dark wine-red-she had it about 23 years!). She was not like any other ‘girl’ he’d ever met. She stood up to him, would not back down, and always had a ‘come-back.’ When she developed Alzheimer’s Disease, he was there for her 24/7–told me “as long as I have breath in my body, your mother will NOT ever go into a nursing home.” We were lucky in that this never had to be put to the test Her passing was sudden, but peaceful. Thankfully, she did not become bed fast. The point is, things other than looks are what keep love going. He is still here, and still talks about her…so, it was meant to be.

• Wow, what a beautiful love story. It’s like the film “The Notebook”. Have you seen that movie? You should, you’d love it too.
      Your parents’ love relationship was so grand. It was really meant to be.

Thanks so much Thomas dear for sharing this story :)

3. Makes me wonder why I am single…. lol

4. The March of Time does change priorities. Re: Toilet seats–be glad that the lids are even lifted. Most of the men who use public toilets don’t bother to lift the lids (and I do believe research & development went into these items generations ago) & just piss right on them. Be glad the lid is lifted. So many clods don’t do this! Such a detail is more important from a public health perspective…it’s just nasty to see this.

5. Wonderful post. Funny and perceptive…l

6. This is really attention-grabbing, You’re a very professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and stay up for in the hunt for extra of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks

7. Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the
    simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely
    get irked while people think about worries that they just do
    not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without
    having side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be back
    to get more. Thanks

8. Great post! :)

9. Thanks for finally writing about >Womens Standards for
    Men in Their Life – allaboutlemon <Liked it!

10. what a cool site– you are so clever and so accurate –it is scary –have a good one

11. This is hilarious! But seriously — women need better standards. Having a ponch by the age of 40 is not something a GUY should even settle for. Hello! And a lot of out time at a cafe, restaurant, movie, ballet (yes, my guy does it all the time and loves it), symphony or any other cultural event, is a weekly to do.

12. You had me in stitches. It’s so true how the standards change with age.

13. Reblogged this on lohnniecakes.

14. LOOOOOL!
    *faints*

15. I loved Waldo’s comment.

16. lnmwonderfulworld says:

Great article and so true but I prefer to think of it not so much as lowering my standards, but just realizing what is truly important. :-)

Ellen
    unexpecteddestinations.com

17. Now that was really, really, really funny. However, as a 73 year old I think you are putting to much pressure on the 72 year olds;
    1. Breathing
    2. Doesn’t miss the toilet
    Please reduce this to one or the other but not both. Thank you for your understanding.

18. Sorry there wasn’t a LOVE button for this one… Thoroughly enjoyed this….

JW Najarian

19. All in one: Review says:

Well, now thats much useful to us.. coz i’m very mindless in understanding what girls think & their wishes from us..Thanks.

20. This is hilarious. Not saying whichis best, will give away MY AGE! :) LOL

21. Reblogged this on A FRESH START and commented:
    How very true….especially last one :)

22. Very funny think I can live up to it except for witty ( end up saying something stupid) rich ( difficult to get their spespecially if I get kids) remembering to open the car door difficult. This is something I’d show my mom not my girlfriend

23. This is HILARIOUS!!! Thank you for the good laughs at each age =)

24. Funny! I’d love to see a lesbigay version of this list — it’s really not that much different!

25. Now we should hear what the chaps say about us girls eh? Scary!

26. My 56 year old husbands comes over seeing me tickled with laughter…. sees the underwear and sock guy…”what are you reading?” Yes, we are in funny women, but they are even funnier in black underwear and socks! Thanks for the great chuckles! Great!

27. Very funny piece. It reminds me of bit of a poem: “Time is indifferent in a week / to a beautiful physique.”

28. Glad you stopped by today and liked my post about cleaning up after my husband’s iodine radiation treatment. Although he’s lots of those good things you mentioned, the best thing will be if he’s cancer-free. The next best is that he loves me and treats me wonderfully and is a good father besides. Tough to be those things! :-) Thanks for bringing this list around again; I enjoy it every time I read it.

29. lol, guess I’m not 22 anymore. But I think you need something in here that explains why some women are attracted to “bad boys”, or even known criminals. That is something I will never understand.

30. Interesting read. Who shall write about man’s standards for women?

31. My husband needs to stop spoiling me because my expectations just get higher after being with him for nearly twenty years. Of course when we first got together, I had very few hopes that there was a man that would actually love and respect me. It took the poor man quite a while to convince me that he really truly did!

I loved the last list having only two things:) That really made me smile…

32. “Doesn’t scare small children” >> LOLOLOL!!!!

33. This really made me smile, love the ending too x

34. Oh my! How bad is it considering I’m still at expectations age 32?

35. Sorry, but I found it difficult to get past the Fassbender picture. ;-) Nice post really!

36. ow…so i can only get 72 year old women???

37. This is great – and so true!

38. I love this post. This is my favorite one: “Doesn’t drive off until I’m in the car”…LOLOL!! I hope to find that characteristic in a man sooner rather than later.

39. Brilliant so at 33 I still have a lot of work to do still? You know running through a series of unsuccessful relationships to arrive successfully single in your thirties is not an easy run, and I’m still expected to carry groceries? How about I just pay for the delivery charges online?

40. Women’ standards for men in their life – Hilarious, I loved it. You do realize that you have absolutely no chance, don’t you?
    He doesn’t exist.
    David

41. I’m 61…all humor aside…All I want is a companion who will not hunch over his dinner plate like a starving dog; who will talk with me about what I’m reading, or thinking, or fearing; who will go to movies with me and plays with me and take trips with me without trying to run any offending driver off the road. All I want is a companion who will sit on the couch with me and watch a TV show with me without condemning me or criticizing me. All I want is someone who will dance a waltz with me or linger over a glass of wine after dinner. All I want is a companion…I don’t care if he is bald or has a paunch. We all age. We once had pretty faces and flat tummies. Our arms didn’t jiggle. Our legs weren’t coursed with patterns of blueing veins. But all we want is someone who will spend time with us and walk and talk with us.

42. I can’t wait to enjoy a romantic tv dinner with my aged man :) Very funny list!

43. pumpkingranola says:

Curious, that – least according to this survey – as women grow older, what they look for seems to fall farther from positive attributes and become more of these ‘I don’t want this’-statements. Personally, I think that we should never settle; we should never compromise what we feel to be the ‘right’ qualities. Call me a romantic, but some things deserve our optimisms.

PS. Thanks for liking my post! As I’ve just started up, I was shocked to find that some one had discovered it!

• I like your thoughts and thanks for sharing them with us concerning women’s standards :) Plus I find your blog very interesting to hang out too. Thanks for your visit, I appreciate this a lot! Enjoy your weekend :)
      Dolly

44. Haha I love this! It’s so funny to see how it changes and even tho I’m only 24, thinking that far I started nodding to some of them. But I especially love the last line. If you love him you love him.

45. A truly wonderful and original post! Great job with the pictures! All around a very well done post.

46. Oh how I loved this! Am sharing with all the great women in my life!

47. I love this post! Not only did I laugh, but as the ages grew older and the wants were revised, I found myself nodding, thinking not only of myself, but also of my Mom. By the time she and Dad reached their 60s, she only wished Dad would pee in the toilet and not the clothes hamper when he got up in the night to go. It’s not lower standards; it’s practicality and realizing what truly matters :)

48. Haha..i love the imagination and reality in this

49. Thanks for the smiles and laughter for me early this morning, and thanks for directing me here to your fun post. I seem to be doing fairly well for my age group, but now I’m inspired to be the best man I can be, or to at least be the best of what’s left of me. Lol ;-) But I’ve got a heart full of love, and that goes a long way… Please have a nice day. :-)

50. funny point of view!

51. :) nice work.

52. Reblogged this on When Is Valentines and commented:
    Romance Is Not Dead!

53. 1thekisslist1 says:

I stopped by to say thanks for “liking” my post!! I appreciate that you read it! And then I found this post, which I really enjoyed … just thinking about the way we change and grow and how that affects our relationships ….

54. Hi…

Just two questions… Don’t most of these qualities harken back to the 1950s, even the 40s, where women still expect a certain kind of machoism? And what does a woman need to do and be in order to deserve all these qualities in a man? Just wondering, and thanks for liking my recent post.

• Thanks Richard for your visit and the liked, I appreciate this a lot :) And you’re very welcome…
      Regarding your 2 questions, I’m not sure if I’m correct because I’m between 80’s and the 90’s, but I believe you are right. Sure we can relate some of these qualities during 40’s and 50’s, because during those years, my grandma was just a plain housewife and my grandpa was the one taking care of everything and the bread winner in the family, kind of machoism as you called it… But nowadays in our computer world, it’s more on give and take relationship with these 3 ingredients added to it to become successful:TRUST, RESPECT, BONDING (Communication). One of these 3 lacks, the relationship will fail.
      and the 2nd question…I think a woman must love her man as the man as he is and she must always let her man know that she is happy with him all the time.
      I hope my answer helped your curiousity, hehehhe.
      How about you my fellow blogger? any thoughts you would like to add?
      Richard and I would appreciate this a lot :)
      Thanks again Richard for sharing your thoughts about this post. I’m glad…Have a great day!
      Dolly

55. Howdy!…. I noted that you liked one of my posts on WordPress, so I came by to say thanks! I also liked your post here very much; as I’m 61 years old, I can relate to just about all of it. Any who, I’m glad you liked my work, and hope that will continue. I’ve signed up to follow your blog too, so I can see when you post new work. Enjoy your writing, and take care…..

56. The Wikipedia link on jokes was hilarious!

57. “Greed is an ugly default.” Marvelous! As is your blog. More than meets the eye, more than one can absorb in a night. Thanks for the like!

58. I saw your “like” of my blog and had to visit yours. This is where I landed, and I laughed out loud. Very cute. After having been married 40 years now, I see a lot of truth in what you describe. Thanks for visiting my blog, and be blessed.

59. I see myself in there. Hehehe.
    Lou

60. spinoza1111 says:

Girl! You and me! I’m 62 and I wear clothes when asked! My bank balance no longer goes to zero! I have never asked for an open marriage! Amazingly my massive bald spot is hidden since I’m 6’3″ and you cannot see it unless you are above and behind me! I got this great electric razor and every morning I’m like low and SLOW over ears and nose as well as clean shaven! I teach small children! (Falsetto, Al-Green-channeling kind of voice) We can make it if we try! We can burn it down! Girl! (Unh!)

Thanks for Liking my post concerning wikipeda.

• You’re welcome :) This is sweet. It made me smile… Thanks for the visit and this very charming comment. Have a wonderful weekend!

• spinoza1111 says:

Thanks. A parting gift? An original poem, in French, from a guy who doesn’t know French very well.

LA PLAINTE DE L’HOMME ARME

L’Homme Vielle, L’Homme Arme, L’Homme Veux,
        Dit-ils a La Grande Dame d’Ironie, en Picardie:
        “C’est l’Ironie de la Belle Dolly Cioux
        Une femme incroyable, Precieux and merveilleuse:
        C’est la Tragedie de la Belle Dolly, prenom Siouxie:
        Je suis un Homme Vielle et un Homme Arme!
        Elas, c’est une honte et une “Crying Shame!”
        L’Honte qui Pleur et eet is so Lame!

Edward G. Nilges (spinoza1111) 21 Jan 2012 for A DollyCiousIrony

• spinoza1111 says:

Mais oui, ma vielle. You may post it. I love your blog! Stay safe from the creeps out there in cyberspace. If you ever need me to destroy them using verse like Cyrano in the old play, give me a call. I’ve been on the Internet since Princeton in the 1980s and was bullied, so I use poetry and graphics to fight back.

As you can see on http://www.spinoza1111,wordpress.com, I am painting “Peter’s Crazy Aunt” in defense of autonomy and the dance.

I learned long ago, said the Green Man, vierde viejo
        To love and let go
        To dance heel and toe.

61. I tried Liking you but it wouldn’t let me. So, consider yourself Liked.

That was very delightful. Thanks for the smiles. (I’m looking back from the 62 revision. Hopefully by the time I reach 72 I can still aim.)

Feel free to visit me at f-stop fantasy:
    ( https://fstopfantasy.wordpress.com/ )

62. Thanks for “liking” my blog. Wow, your blog has so many creative links and posts — you’re an imaginative whirlwind!

63. Something to look forward to.

64. This works well. You avoid using any of expletive deleteds and illustrate your point. Your spelling is correct and the post zaps the reader’s attention. Yep. You will go far. Congratulations and best wishes for a grand success.

65. Very good! And yes, when you love a man, you simply love ALL of him.

66. Really interesting post! Liked it ! :P

67. always glad to check on the blogs of people who visit me. love yours!!! glad you stopped by; I have found another good blog site in return.

68. Hair…check. Nod at right times…check. Underwear….now where did I put those things?

69. Great observation. True that our preferences change from year to year. But I hope the love will not be lost. I loved this post! :) The pictures have enhanced its beauty…

70. Nice dog.

(Thanks for stoppin by)

DS

71. Thanks, I love your blog, too.

Costi

72. This is a great post, everything written is true.. =)
    Important thing is you love your man and you help him grow as a person, it’s about give & take!
    By the way, thank you for dropping by my site, http://hazelbenimages.wordpress.com
    I appreciate the LIKE on my post so much. xoxo

73. First off… thanks for your like on my recent post. Ironically, I had some really tough problems to work out with my P.C. today. That should do me a turn for making fun, huh ? Interestingly enough, my standards have improved considerably from when I was much younger. My problem was always being too nice I think. I wrote up a ten commandments list for a possible husband about five years ago. I should put it up as my next entry. This was hilarious but I guess it doesn’t fit everyone. I noticed about ten years ago that men of all ages respond well to praise so when I finally see someone that I can’t live without I’m going to kill him with kindness. It should work…. LOL

• hahahahha, you’re a funny lady Evelyn, I like your sense of humor :)
      Thanks for the visit and sharing with us your thoughts. Lovely, it put smile in my face.
      Have a great day!
      Dolly

74. Big Grin! I was eating when I scroll to the guy in his undies. Had to stop eating. I wonder what the list is like for Men’s standard for women in their life at various ages?

Thanks for visiting and like my blog! and Thank you for the chuckle!

H.T.

75. This made me smile! May I add that my wonderful husband (age 56) always does the dishes …just one example of the many thoughtful things he does,which keeps the connection thriving evenfter many years of marriage.

76. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to ‘Like’ our post. Hope you visit us often, (if sports is one of your interests…)
    As the editor and creator of fantasyfurnace.com, (and after reading this amazing post), I can tell you that we both write about the same thing: The truth!! We really enjoyed this!

77. Yikes! Once a week at age 32? :-)

Very funny!

78. very funny. And I’ve been through all these stages.

79. I have seen this before and always loved it. Your photos enhance the message beautifully!

thank you for your recent visit to Focus on the Artist, and for Liking the Muse article.

80. Nicely said.

81. Marvelous, truly!

82. This was one of the “suggested articles” to read (by wordpress) after you liked my post. (Thank you so much!) I’m glad I followed up! Very true — and wonderful advice at the end. :) Thanks for making my day!

83. 42 is a great age!

84. pssquared says:

Great comment on how we all shift from the idealizations of youth to the pragmatic choices. Years ago, I heard a simple three rules that don’t shift with age.

1. It is just as easy to love a rich man as a poor one, sometimes easier.
    2. You do marry the in-laws.
    3. It is okay to marry for love, but remember rule 1: It is just as easy to love a rich man as a poor one, sometimes easier.

Call me Pablo.

85. sheriffsmith says:

Well done … I’ll definetly share this with my partner. She will think it’s histerical!

86. MisplacedBoy says:

At age 52 I’m nailing the requirements for age 72! Winning!!!

87. Hilarious! Your choice of photo accompaniment was perfect! I will be smiling about this for some time to come :)

88. Very good blog. It was funny, and very much worth my reading time.

89. lmao! Are the standards going down or just being down to earth? Sharing this on my CC FB page :)

90. I steadfastly refuse to grow old! I’m 32… er… with about 20 or so years of experience. :)

91. Why are the standards so high,
    It’s hard to get that kind of guy,
    It’s quite dandy,
    To look for eye candy,
    Don’t let good ones pass you by.

92. You nailed this one. “Breathing” LMAO

93. Wonderful. Wipe screen and reads again without coffee

94. Thanks to all my co-bloggers who like this post… Have a good day to all! :)

95. hehehe.a good enough laugh i had from this but loved the ending,when you love your man you love him as he is……….nice.

96. I never, ever want to get old…or at least I don’t want my man to get old. Demi Moore had the right idea, but she blew it :roll:

Trackbacks

1. […] Awesomesauce: Women’s standards for men in their life. […]

2. New Balance 3124 Women

[...] first got together, I had very few hopes that there was a man that would actuall [...]

3. [...] Women’s Standards for Men in Their Life – allaboutlemon Posted on March 23, 2012 Women’s Standards for Men in Their Life – allaboutlemon. [...]

I'm delighted to hear from you :) Merci, beaucoup to all who clicked LIKE...

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 4,178 other followers