The Blind Girl

contrib by Sandi W.

There was a girl who hated herself because she was blind. She hated everyone,

except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She told her boyfriend,

‘If I could only see the world, I will marry you.’

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off,

she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend… He asked her,

‘Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?’

The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed

eyelids shocked her. She hadn’t expected that. The thought of looking at them the

rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.

Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying:

‘Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.’

==============================

Advertisements

Comments

1. Reblogged this on catsn.

2. Teresa Cleveland Wendel says:

What a sad story (sob) with many lessons to ponder.

3. A.r. Walther says:

Wow, wasn’t expecting that ending.

4. Julie Catherine says:

Omg, this actually brought tears to my eyes …. how incredibly sad, and so many lessons here, as staticbachelor pointed out ….

5. That is incredibly sad D:

6. That might be the shortest and most devastating summation of the best and worst in human nature I’ve seen.

I must adjourn to the Lemons R Us Café, make donut crumbs, and brood… : )

7. This is selfishness at its best.

8. There is many morales to this story
    1. Don’t date someone who hates everything they will rob you blind of the joys in life.
    2. There are people in this world who will be unsatisfied no matter what comes their way.
    3.Dont make promises that you won’t keep otherwise you might have to see those mistakes you made in the mirror for the rest of your life.
    4. Never try to buy someone’s love.

This post made me incredibly sad since it shows that we are quick to judge others and we are intolerant of others if it inconveniences us.

9. what an evil girl

10. bilafond says:

This story tells so much. Everything matters when it matters, other than that everything else is a masquerade

11. Jueseppi B. says:

Reblogged this on The ObamaCrat.Com™ and commented:
    This just broke my heart. Thank you Ms. Dolly.

I'm delighted to hear from you :) Merci, beaucoup to all who clicked LIKE...

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s